Friday, May 6, 2011

Lets Give Thanks To All Of Our Moms

So, Mother's Day is this Sunday and I thought it would be appropriate to do a post on moms.

I am yet to be a mother, but I can't wait till the day that I get to be (although it is no time soon..don't get any ideas!). From talking to new moms and old moms I have learned that there is no better joy than having a child. Through all the sleepless nights, poopy diapers, spit up, messes, etc. that child is a gift from God. Not only is that child a gift, but so is our Moms.

Our Mothers do so much for each one of us day in and day out. I know my mom has been there in some of the hardest times as well as the most exciting and she was always there for any support needed. Though, she never hid how she felt and was always completely honest with me (which I value the most) my mom is truly one of my best friends. I have so many great memories with her from shopping, vacations, doing all the girly stuff and from crying on her shoulder. She has always been there for me and I thank you Mom for that.

Now, don't get me wrong...my mom and I did fight like cats and dogs when I was younger, but the relationship between a Mother and Child always stands true. A Mother will be a Mother for life whether your child is 2 years old or 52 years old. So lets give thanks to our Moms this Mother's Day whether it be your Mom, Grandma, Aunt, Mother-In-Law, or someone who has been like a Mother to you. They all deserve recognition.

So thank you to my Mom and to all you out there who are Mothers. It is by far the toughest job, but also the most rewarding. The scariest, but also the most exciting. Have a great Mother's Day!




"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." -Washington Irving



No comments:

Post a Comment